It happens to all of us. At some point, the kitchen or bathroom drain clogs and water backs up. At times horribly unpleasant odors are unleashed. While standard practice calls for harsh drain cleaners, these toxic products can damage the pipes as well as your lungs. If preventative measures have failed to keep your drains clear, there is a natural solution.
Instead of reaching for that bottle of caustic drain cleaner under the sink, keep water clean by choosing this homemade drain cleaner.
A Simple Recipe for Homemade Drain Cleaner
You Will Need:
2 cups baking soda
4 cups boiling water
1 cup vinegar
Directions for Homemade Drain Cleaner:
- Remove all water from the sink or tub and pour about 1 cup of baking soda
down the drain. Make sure that baking soda makes it down the drain.
- Next, pour about 2 Cups of boiling water down the drain. The baking soda mixed with boiling water dissolves the sludge and gunk in the pipe, even if you don’t see it happening. Wait a few minutes.
- Now, pour another cup baking soda down the drain then add 1 cup of white vinegar and plug the drain immediately. If you’re unclogging a double sink, plug both drains. You’ll hear sizzling coming up from the drain and see bubbles foaming up.
- When the bubbles have died down, add the remaining boiling water down the drain.
- Repeat this process if necessary. This can be used as a monthly treatment helps prevent future clogs too; simply pour a cup of baking soda down the drains followed by boiling water.
Duncan Plumbing Solutions | Phone: 972-937-0040 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.duncanplumbingsolutions.com | Expert Drain Cleaner | Drain Cleaning | Clear Cogged Drains | Cedar Hill Plumber 75104 | Duncanville Plumber 75116 | Desoto Plumber 75115 | Mansfield Plumber 76063 | Waxahachie Plumber 75165 | Red Oak Plumber 75154 | Waxahachie Plumber 75165 | Ennis Plumber 75119 Master License # M-39624