A Few Steps to Consider if Pipes Burst
If you or your tenants are faced with burst water pipes there are several things that can be done to limit the damage.
- Turn off the water supply at the main stopcock.
- Identify the source of the burst. If it is the tank, empty the tank (run all cold taps and flush the toilet a number of times).
- Before draining hot water, turn off the boiler and immersion heater. Turn off the cold feed pipe to the cylinder and run all of the hot water taps to get rid of the water in the pipes.
- Take precautions so that your health and safety and that of your tenants are not affected by electrical dangers. Do not touch anything electrical. Contact an electrician.
- Use a bucket to collect water.
- Pierce the ceiling if it is bulging.
- Call Duncan Plumbing Solutions 972-937-0040
- Contact a restoration company to get dehumidifiers set up immediately
- Contact your insurance company.
- Make a list of damaged items.
- Take photos of all damage.
- Save all receipts connected with the flooding and submit them to your insurance company.
Burst water pipes can cause substantial damage but by taking precautionary steps you might be able to reduce the likelihood of pipes bursting and limit the impact if they do burst. Adequate insurance cover should also minimize the cost and stress associated with water damage from burst pipes.
Duncan Plumbing Solutions | Phone: 972-937-0040 | email@example.com | www.duncanplumbingsolutions.com | Cedar Hill Plumber 75104 | Duncanville Plumber 75116 | Desoto Plumber 75115 | Mansfield Plumber 76063 | Waxahachie Plumber 75165 | Red Oak Plumber 75154 | Waxahachie Plumber 75165 | Ennis Plumber 75119 Master License # M-39624